February 13, 2012 / Hallie Madenski

2012 Grammy Highlights, Adele, Rihanna, Nicki Minaj’s Illuminati Robe And More!

There were many memorable moments of the 54th Annual Grammy Awards yesterday night. Even the red carpet show had its moments. The most shocking thing of all? Lady Gaga was there but didn’t make a big stink at the pre-show.

I didn’t even know she was there until they panned to her royal netted face and scepter-holding hands during her first loss to Adele in the ‘Best Pop Solo Performance’ category. (Gaga won nothing and lost to Adele three times)

E! News fashion correspondents Kelly Osbourne and Ross Matthews went crazy over Sasha Gradiva, a Russian pop star who arrived wearing a prosthetic Terminator-style arm gun.
Blonde Rihanna received high praise in a tight-fitting black Armani dress which she described as “Michelle Pfeiffer from Scarface…Simple, but sexy, and a little gangster.” (As If I didn’t already know what her new favorite word was)

The person who really tried to step into Lady Gaga’s tiny big shoes was Nicki Minaj, who sauntered out in a giant red hooded robe with none other than the pope. Well, a guy pretending to be the pope, close enough, it’s an easy job.

Katy Perry went all matchy matchy with electric blue hair and a light blue old lady dress. She also performed her new song “Part of Me” in a different getup, some silver and gold She-Ra thing. Correct speculations state that the song may be about Russell Brand.

Skrillex (appropriately thrown in with the ladies) Katy Perry, Fergie & Jessie J

With lyrics like, “You chewed me up, and spit me out, like I was poison in your mouth” and “You can keep the diamond ring, it don’t mean nothing anyway” It has to be . Her distorted angry lady hurricane version of the truth anyhow.

Rihanna sang “We Found Love” with the song’s inspiration, Chris Brown, in the room but the real main highlight of the night besides the constant but necessary mentions of Whitney Houston had to be the return of Adele.

She belted out “Rolling In The Deep” post-surgery and light-haired, looking and sounding as feisty as ever though I do feel like people were cheering her on in an ice skater I-wonder-if-she’ll-fall kind of way.
There were concerns that her voice wouldn’t sound as good because it may not be fully recovered. (Those people were wrong, by the way)

Most annoying things at the Grammys? Non-singing, dancing dummy-on-shitty-Michael-Jackson-strings Chris Brown, Coldplay and too much country music. Enough said.

1. Anacarina / Jul 11 2012 6:43 am

Didnt know about this but wen I saw did not believe

2. Patience eshett / Jun 11 2012 4:43 am

I cant believe adele is really in the illuminatic

3. Shovon / Mar 12 2012 6:06 pm

obvious she did it cuz of speculation about Nicki’s booty being real and ummm I didn’t rlizaee she was wearing Prince’s pants (sheer covered ass out). LOL! I thought the performance was good. Rihanna sounded as good as u can above roaring crowds, feedback and an earphone so u can try to hear yourself.

4. thereviewer / Feb 14 2012 2:52 am

Poor Gaga, low key. Is that face symbol Illuminati then? All I knew was the ambigram beforehand.

• Hallie Madenski / Feb 14 2012 3:13 am

Yeah, I don’t think it was meant to be, it’s just funny to me to say it’s illuminati. <—Immaturity.

• thereviewer / Feb 14 2012 3:25 am

Just intrigued that’s all! Minaj is the immature one, I wouldn’t put it past her either. Not sure that ‘Pope’ wanted anything to do with her silicon-plastered bod…

5. Santa Rosa Sunshine / Feb 13 2012 4:24 pm

I agree with all that you wrote, except you should have mentioned that it was an
    insult to give a grammy to a no talent woman Beater, who knows what else. Chris Brown,
    my circle will not ever watch the Grammy’s again, and are going to start a petition to boycott
    it in 2013!