April 5, 2012 / Hallie Madenski

Try Calling Jennifer Lawrence Fat Now

Jennifer Lawrence was an entity in her own right before nowHer Academy Award nomination for Winter’s Bone alone caught the public’s eye, then X-Men: First Class which I’m sure will have a prequel-sequel of its own, seemed like the icing on the cake.

Throw in her actual role as Katniss Everdeen in The Hunger Games and you have to deduct that her career is already bigger than actresses who put their foot in the door decades ago.

Anytime someone gets this kind of recognition, people want to find someone to nitpick about. Sometimes it’s warranted or based in truth and SOMETIMES it’s a complete load of turkey crap.

In the case of those-who-must-not-be-named…aka anyone who calls Jennifer Lawrence “Fatniss Everdeen” and goes on about how she’s too big to play a starving character – you are what lit Charlie Sheen’s “troll” fuse.

I will actually lose my mind worse than Mel Gibson, Charlie Sheen and Christian Bale combined if I hear or read about one more person’s unnecessary J-Law body remarks like the ones from Hollywood Reporter (“lingering baby fat”) or HollywoodElsewhere. (“big-boned lady”)

A source told the Chicago Sun-Times that Lawrence is shrugging off the backlash and said, “This is hilarious. First, people say how so many actresses in Hollywood look anorexic, and now they are criticizing me for looking normal.”

[Photos taken down, due to copyright issues]

I would also be considered fat if I were an actress, and it’s not right. Only I’m allowed to call myself fat. (The above photos are recently released outtakes from her 2010 shoot with Esquire)

1. Lizzie / Apr 15 2012 1:01 pm

Her face is fatter then Rosie Ofannnnael

2. Lizzie / Apr 5 2012 6:20 pm

I liked the movie…….. But I did read the book and these characters are suppose to be on the verge of starvation, so she is big for that, and the male characters are too Fat also for these roles. They should have gotten an Olsen twin for her role.

3. Jessica Khea / Apr 5 2012 1:22 pm

Movie reviewers should not be talking about her body! Assholes

4. Maretta / Apr 5 2012 1:07 pm

god! and this is why i will ALWAYS hate Hollywood! she’s honestly the only real person there! she loves herself and her body and she’s not gonna change just for a couple of rude comments! i LOVE her!! <3

• Hallie Madenski / Apr 5 2012 1:20 pm

If she was thinner people would be voicing empty concern about her health and making jokes about snapping her in two and making a fire but at approximately 135 pounds she’s “Fatniss.” It’s BS.

5. Jeyna Grace / Apr 5 2012 5:32 am

OK.. shes not fat.. but her face is. LOL! I dont like her….

Trackbacks