Queue the ‘banana don’t” jokes – a man in Massachusetts was severely burned while attending to his barbecue briquettes after applying spray-on Banana Boat sunscreen.
Seconds after the man (Brett Sigworth) rubbed it on his body, the flames went up his arm, back and neck. “I went into complete panic mode and screamed,” he told CBS Boston. “I’ve never experienced pain like that in my life.”
Sigworth is not suing the company, only wishing that they’d put clearer labels on their product which says “flammable, don’t use near heat, flame or while burning.”
Maybe they should rephrase with the words “do not stand next to heat or flame after application.”
Banana Boat is investigating the incident and has released a statement that they “take these matters very seriously.”