Sandy Hook shooter Adam Lanza’s personal possessions have been revealed in new documents released by the police in Newtown, Connecticut.
Lanza, who killed 20 children and seven adults including his mother, owned the following items:
- Three samurai swords
- An “arsenal” that included pistols, rifles, knives
- NRA pistol shooting guide
- Autism-related books Born on a Blue Day and Look at Me: My Life with Asperger’s
- A card with a check inside made out to Adam, from Nancy Lanza, to go toward a new firearm
- Xbox 360 and Playstation 3 consoles and Call of Duty games
- Photographs of “what appeared to be a dead person covered with plastic and blood”
- NY Times article clipping about the 2008 shooting at Northern Illinois University in which Steven Kazmierczak killed 5 and injured 22
Don’t get any ideas about blaming violent video games. Assuming Lanza bought all the COD games including the most recent, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, he would be only one of over 11 million people to have done so a month before the shooting, in November 2012.