When it came to Tina Fey and Amy Poehler’s Bill Cosby joke at the Golden Globes, you were either laughing hysterically (Lena Dunham) or completely losing your sh*t (Jessica Chastain). So fun seeing harmless Clooney’s-wife-could-do-better and Meryl Streep-has-a-million-awards jokes turn into I PUT THE PILLS IN THE PEOPLE.
There were of course other funny moments from the monologue which are being a tad overshadowed…
1. Amy, to Frances McDormand: Frances, I love you. Can I just say you’re the only person in this room that I would save in a fire?
2. Tina: George Clooney married Amal Alamuddin this year. Amal is a human rights lawyer who worked on the Enron case, was an advisor to Kofi Annan regarding Syria, and was selected for a three-person UN commission investigating rules of war violations in the Gaza strip. So tonight, her husband is getting a lifetime achievement award.
4. Amy, on Reese Witherspoon in Wild: She did all of her own walking … Andy Serkis was great as her backpack.
5. Tina: Steve Carell’s Foxcatcher look took two hours to put on including hairstyling and makeup. Just for comparison, it took me three hours today to prepare for my role as a human woman.
6. Amy: Into The Woods stars Meryl Streep. Meryl plays a witch who sends the townspeople on a magical quest to collect all the items she needs to win another Golden Globe.