Sources for TMZ say the Oscar winner (for Capote, in 2005) and father of three was discovered early Sunday “in his boxer shots, with a needle sticking out of his left arm.”
Hoffman admitted to struggling with a heroin and pill addiction and entered rehab for his addiction last year after being clean for over 20 years.
Out of the many celebrities who commented on his death, Russell Brand was one of the few to mention drugs. “Love and prayers for Philip Seymour Hoffman’s family. Addiction kills, I hope all who need it have access to abstinence based recovery,” Brand wrote on Twitter. Continue reading “Acting Legend Philip Seymour Hoffman Dead at 46”
Glee, [American Horror Story, Nip/Tuck and The New Normal] creator Ryan Murphy recently told E! News what his last conversation with Cory Monteith, who played Finn Hudson on the popular musical show and died of a heroin overdose last week, related to.
Unsurprisingly, it had to do with drugs, his job and a general unified concern for his life. Murphy was well aware of Monteith’s problem both past and present and discussed his reliance on narcotics.
“He wanted to continue working and we said, ‘That’s not an option. No. The TV show doesn’t matter, your life matters,'” Murphy said of the 31-year-old he described as “an older son.”
“His last words to me were, “I want to get better,” the Glee showrunner continued. “I always felt and continue to feel even in his death that he did, that he really wanted to fight it and he was humiliated and shamed.”
“It should be noted that at this point there is no evidence to suggest Mr. Monteith’s death was anything other than a most-tragic accident,” Canadian authorities said in a press conference.
The police explained that “there were indications in the room that this was a drug overdose,” and while they didn’t specify what those indications were, it’s probably safe to assume that, since it was heroin, there were either needles or some kind of foil and/or pipe discovered in his hotel room.
His co-star Jane Lynch said the following kind words about Monteith while visiting The Tonight Show:
“Cory’s one of the biggest hearts, was a real bright light. He was one of those guys that … he knew he was breathing rarified air. The gifts that this wonderful show gave us … He was always aware that it was a gift and he was quite generous. He was one of those adventurous types of people.” Continue reading “Cory Monteith Died of a Heroin and Alcohol-Related Drug Overdose”
Oscar-winning paleface Philip Seymour Hoffman just got out of a detox facility for a drug problem that started with prescription drugs and “recently escalated to snorting heroin,” according to TMZ.
In 2006, Hoffman told 60 Minutes that he sniffed, injected and shallowed a whole mess of narcotics in his college days at NYU over two decades ago. “It was all that [drugs and alcohol], yeah. It was anything I could get my hands on … I liked it all,” he said. “I went [to rehab], I got sober when I was 22 years old.”
The recent lapse lasted only a week, and he’s already back to work on a movie overseas.
Hoffman is set to appear in The Hunger Games: Catching Fire this fall. (Holler if you’re excited!)
Jon Bon Jovi’s teenage daughter Stephanie overdosed on heroin last Wednesday in her dorm room and was not charged because of a brilliant thing called the 911 Good Samaritan law in New Jersey that prevents overdose victims and those who seek medical attention for the victims from being prosecuted.
The preventative measure is active in several other states including Washington, New Mexico, Wisconsin, Connecticut, and New York. Sadly, Chris Christie is looking to overturn the 911 Good Samaritan Emergency Response Act in NJ because he feels that it of a fear that it could inadvertently give drug dealers immunity.
Governor Christie’s state is one of many where overdoses are the leading cause of accidental deaths.
Local police officers were tipped off by neighbors, who complained several times. Materials to cook meth, 20 grams of marijuana, various pill bottles, a sawed-off shotgun, $4143 in cash and 10.9 grams of heroin were found at the home, located in North Portland on Massachusetts Avenue.
Seven of the six adult (between the ages of 34 and 59) in the home were arrested on controlled substance charges, while one teenager was put into protective custody…