A photo of a one-and-a-half-year-old crying next to Robert Downey Jr. after his mother introduced him as Iron Man and not the regular guy that he clearly is made the rounds today.
RDJ, father of two, met the boy while walking around Massachusetts, taking a break from filming his new drama, The Judge.
The internet had a lot to say about it, with the worst, most common reaction being something about toddlers being way too young to see Iron Man (as if The Lion King isn’t more traumatizing).
Runner-up for worst goes to anyone who made fun of the kid’s name (Jaxson) and faux hawk. Here are the 5 best comments on RDJ posing next to the from around the net:
1. “Heh. Looks to me like he’s thinking: “I gave up smack for this?!” -sportzzzgirl, Gawker
2. “Maybe he wouldn’t be crying if RDJ wasn’t punching him in the head!” -Jae, People.com
3. “…Don’t even start with the Santa thing…” -AndInOtherNews, Huffington Post
4. “This expression is the face my brain would make 80% of every day if my brain had a face.” -lumpinrazamafoo, Tumblr
5. “Young Jaxson actually is a big trip-hop fan, and he mistakenly thought his mother said they were going to see RJD2.” -Fozberry, Gawker
In other photos we see that the young boy is a DC Comics/Superman fan and was actually crying because he didn’t get to meet Henry Cavill or Christopher Reeve.
“That kid’s disillusionment will haunt RDJ the rest of his days. You can see him confronting his own mortality andpowerlessness right there in the picture.” -spence900, Gawker
CLICK HERE for an amazing pic of Downey as Iron Man on the Iron Throne.