“It should be noted that at this point there is no evidence to suggest Mr. Monteith’s death was anything other than a most-tragic accident,” Canadian authorities said in a press conference.
The police explained that “there were indications in the room that this was a drug overdose,” and while they didn’t specify what those indications were, it’s probably safe to assume that, since it was heroin, there were either needles or some kind of foil and/or pipe discovered in his hotel room.
His co-star Jane Lynch said the following kind words about Monteith while visiting The Tonight Show:
“Cory’s one of the biggest hearts, was a real bright light. He was one of those guys that … he knew he was breathing rarified air. The gifts that this wonderful show gave us … He was always aware that it was a gift and he was quite generous. He was one of those adventurous types of people.”
And here’s what one of his other famous co-stars, Dianna Agron (Quinn), had to say:
“Cory is so deserving of that place in everyone’s hearts. He was one of the most generous and kind people that I have ever met. He had a smart, curious mind, he was an enormous talent. He was loving to not only me, but my family. My heart goes out to his family, to Lea, to everyone that is struggling with the loss of our friend. We will miss you Cory. We will always carry a piece of you with us.”